About the Program
Southern Illinois Healthcare has teamed with Versant to offer a comprehensive RN Residency Program. The program is a comprehensive education and training system designed specifically to transition newly graduated registered nurses from students to safe, competent, and professional practitioners.
Versant provides a integrated approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content.
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards.
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN Residency goals.
As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by Southern Illinois Healthcare are required to transition through the Versant RN Residency program. The Versant RN Residency is the start of a journey from knowledge to knowing, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.
- Graduate from an accredited college
- IL RN license
- Less than 6 months of work experience as a Registered Nurse
Deadline to apply for the 2nd Nurse Residency cohort is January 31st! The 2nd cohort will begin on April 1st.
Applications for the 3rd cohort will open on May 1st and close on June 30th. The 3rd cohort will begin in August.
- Complete an online job application and select the “RN-Nurse Residency Program” job requisition in Nursing Education at the System Office.
- Copy of college transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- 2 letters of professional recommendation (1 instructor and 1 current employer in healthcare environment OR 2 instructor references)
- One page personal statement – Why did you pursue a career in Nursing?
- Applications will be sent directly to Debbie Kirk, RN Residency Manager, for review.
- 1st level interview will be conducted by the Residency Manager, who will then select those that qualify for additional interviews.
- 2nd level interview will be conducted by a professional peer interview panel.
- 3rd level interview will be conducted by service line managers and a clinical educator.
2 residency cohorts will be offered each year; April and August.
For more information, please contact:
Debbie Kirk, RN Residency Manager
618-457-5200 ext. 68705